My approach is based on providing an environment of respect and acceptance, in which a nurturing relationship can be created. I work collaboratively with clients to design a customized treatment plan that uniquely meets his or her needs. I specialize in treating attachment issues, family and marital relationship difficulties, human systems consulting, along with anxiety, depression, parent-child conflict, and difficulties that are hindering spiritual growth.
As a marriage and family therapist, I operate from a systems perspective, which allows me to more holistically treat each individual, couple, and family within their unique context in order to grow toward a higher level of life satisfaction. I accomplish this without placing blame on individuals; rather I work to resolve circumstances surrounding the development of the problems themselves. I am also trained in providing individually focused treatment through Cognitive Processing Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy. In addition to providing individual, couples, and family therapy; I also provide high quality human systems consultations. Human systems consultation is designed to be utilized by organizations and businesses to improve overall morale, productivity, and to resolve internal conflict within the business or organization.
I uniquely blend together theology and clinical theory to provide a sound Christian approach to real life issues facing people today. My passion is being able to be a part of people’s lives to help encourage repair, restoration, and growth so that each individual can reach their full potential.
Entering into therapy can be a very difficult decision that can create anxiety about the unknowns of the process of therapy. Once you have decided that you would like to look into how you could benefit from entering into a treatment process, please email or call me. We can have a conversation to see if this is the right time for you and if I am the best fit for your particular needs.
I work Monday – Friday with evening appointments available as well up to 7:00 PM, and Saturdays. I am out of the office every Sunday.
The price paid for therapy is one of the greatest investments in your life that you will ever make. I utilize an ability to pay scale. I also accept most insurance companies. Please discuss this with me while setting up your first visit with me.
- Undergrad degrees in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement and Corrections with minors in psychology, sociology, and human services; all from Washburn University
- Graduate degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University
- Ph.D. degree from Kansas State University, 2008
- Department of the Army (Army Medical Department): Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) Training
- Department of the Army (Army Medical Department): Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) I & II Training and Supervision
- Train the Trainers through the National Center for Fathering
- Seven Secrets of Effective Fathering through the National Center for Fathering
- Connecting with Your Kids through the National Center for Fathering